Frequently Asked Questions
by CloudMaster (modified: 2020 Dec 30)
Personal vs Professional vs Enterprise
- A Personal license is an option for private individuals who purchase a license with their own funds, and solely for their own use. Personal licenses are not to be purchased, refunded or in any way financed by companies.
- A Professional license is the standard licensing option for individual doing business using Eiffel. An organization can not use more than 2 Professional licenses, and 4 Professional+ licenses.
- An Enterprise license is for organizations and business entities. It comes with maintenance and full support, has no limit on the number of users, covers a variety of platforms, Windows, Linux, Mac OS but also all flavors of Unix, VMS, Embedded. Companies have a direct contact in the development team, are entitled to code reviews, regular exchanges at the technical level, special training sessions. To get a quote for the Enterprise edition contact us.
- EiffelStudio Personal: 1 month of customer support - installation and basic questions not answered on the web - (no warranty of time to treat the questions)
- EiffelStudio Professional: 3 months of customer support - installation and hand holding for starting to use the technology if needed - (no warranty of time to treat the questions)
- EiffelStudio Professional+: maintenance and 12 months of customer support - installation, hand holding and availability for questions all along within a week -
- EiffelStudio Enterprise offers full maintenance and ongoing support with the guarantee of an answer within 48 hours. To get a quote for the Enterprise edition contact us.
Code Analyzer (limited)
- With the Personal license, the code analyzer is limited to 5 runs per day (for 20.05, the limitation may change in future versions).
- There is no limitation for the Professional licenses.
Perpetual Fallback License
- A perpetual fallback license is a license that allows you to use a specific version of EiffelStudio without an active subscription for it.
- When purchasing an onetime (annual) subscription, you will immediately get a perpetual fallback license for the exact version available at the time.
- If paying on a monthly basis, as soon as you pay for 12 consecutive months, you will receive this perpetual fallback license providing you with access to the exact product version for when your 12 consecutive months subscription started. You will receive perpetual fallback licenses for every version you’ve paid 12 consecutive months for.
- For any unanswered question regarding EiffelStudio licenses, please contact us.